Restoring a Gilded Age Icon
BY PAMELA JEROME, CARL ROTHBART AND ROSE SCOTT LONG,
ARCHITECTURAL PRESERVATION STUDIO, PC
The Breakers (1895) is the “crown jewel” of the historic Great House museums owned by the Preservation Society of Newport County. A series of restoration projects aim to repair damage from exposure and recapture the building’s original appearance....
(Login to read the full article)